Redundancy Option

KAZZA

Have been asked to take a 20% pay cut, but still work the full five days which I refused to do but did say I would compromise and take 5 or 10% pay cut or have my days reduced but employers have refused to listen. Told yesterday we either take the 20% pay cut or take redundancy and they must have an answer by early next week.
Would appreciate if anybody could give me some advice?

All depends on how easy you think you could get a job elsewhere and what your financial commitment are etc.

In agreement with Jack here, my brother is looking for work at the moment and is finding that jobs are advertising 20% below what he would have been on when he was made redundant...

ok, but the company stays open, who would do the job i was doing, it would have to filled internally?

Yes it would have to be filled internally. Perhaps with the slow down one person will have to do the job of 2 or 3! However, I think I am correct in saying your employer could make you all redundanct and hire externally if it could be proven that the current staff were unable to do the work of 2 or 3 people due to lack of skill or something.

I am afraid to say that with the current climate many employers are taking advantage of the situation and employee rights are getting lower and lower and employment contracts are bordering on worthless. All the sympathy is with the employeers at the moment so they have us by the balls unless you are crutial to business

I am the last person out of 3 previously employed, so I am doing the job of 3!! All other staff are already reduced to a 3 day week?

[FONT=&quot]Please the title of your post in line with the Posting Guidelines.

Please read the before posting again on Askaboutmoney.

Any responses to posts with meaningless titles will be removed.

If the title is not edited within a reasonable time, the post will be closed.

Brendan
Administrator [/FONT]

Back