Redemption payment when switching mortgage

Beatrice81

I’m wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to myself and my husband when switching banks for a remortgage.
We recently switched from KBC to PTSB and we’ve had an awful experience in doing so.
We were quoted a redemption figure in late august and it was paid by our solicitor immediately, including the following days interest accrued just to be safe.
On checking to ensure our mortgage was fully cleared with KBC a few days later I was told our balance was €0 but they needed to check with the redemption team to ensure no interest was owed.
The following day both myself and my husband were contacted and told our balance was in fact €0.
However we were then told we owed over €700 in interest and the following day we were told the figure was €580. This amounts to interest owed for the month of august; however this wasn’t explained when we asked for the full redemption amount the previous week!
We were told we couldn’t contact the redemption team for more concrete information ourselves and to leave it to our solicitor. However, a letter was sent to her stating how much was owed and she didn’t receive it for a further 8 days and we were told further daily interest had been added on!
We are now being told we “might” owe a further €570 but I’m waiting to hear more.
Has anyone else had a similar experience or can anyone explain where all these amounts are coming from as I am finding it hard to get clear, concrete information from anyone.
Thanks in advance
Beatrice

Back