Recommendations for Car Servicing & Repairs in Dublin?

I have been going to main VW main dealers over the past 5 years for services and other maintenance but the pricing is becoming a bit hectic. I need to get a few things done including a service, change of brake pads/discs and timing belt. I don't think I can justify the outlay with a main dealer - they also seem very limited on availability, which didn't used to be the case - so I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for decent service centres in Dublin?

You would probably be best to state if is north or southside that you are interested in. The way the traffic is going with Christmas on the horizon you don't want to land up having to drive to the far side of wherever you are based.

I used to always go to main dealers but I feel they are too expensive these days. I've found Square Fit near the Square in Tallaght to be very good and have used them for servicing for a few years now. Ask for Derek who is very helpful. They are very good for punctures also.

As usual it is best to get a few prices elsewhere before proceeding. and taking into account if you require Volkswagen only parts as you want to compare like with like.

Hi,

For the Northside of Dublin, I'd recommend Baldoyle Auto Centre. I've been using them for years, and am a very happy customer.

As a taxi driver,I care not for fancy premises but just need the job done quickly and reasonably priced.
If you're in West Dublin,I use Premier Pitstop just behind Woodies on the Naas Rd ask for Rob.

I’ve been going to Dave Curry Motors on Harrison’s Row in Rathgar, Dublin 6 for the last 20 years. Very good guys, honest and good at their job. Been doing my VWs there for the last 6 years too.

No affiliation whatsoever.

g

If you buy a car new and sell it on after a few years, go to the dealer and get the book stamped. Otherwise, there is no need, a dealer is always much more expensive. They will always find something wrong.

I drive a second hand car and will drive it for years, so I just use a fella who has a garage attached to his dad's house (it was his dad's business originally). No fuss, costs are reasonable and he does what needs to be done.

Back