Recommend a tax advisor for CGT

paperclip

Hi, I'm not in the country and need a tax advisor to help with CGT on the sale of a house.

Any recommendations? I contacted paylesstax.ie and they quoted me 500euro, is that ok?

Check with your solicitor if they can make the return for you - some are very familiar with tax laws. CTG is fairly easy to calculate - you can claim for expenses in acquiring the property , legal etc and also legal and auctioneers fees for disposal of property. You can also claim for enhancement to the property, such as new kitchen, extension etc., (not normal upkeep) if you owned the property before 2003 there is indexation relief and the first 1270 of gain is not taxable. The current rate is 33%. Returns have to be paid in same year as disposal generally before 15th December - see revenue.ie

Check with your solicitor if they can make the return for you - some are very familiar with tax laws.

Don't do this - in my experience solicitors are brutal at this stuff - let them do what they're trained to do and good at doing.

Check with your solicitor if they can make the return for you - some are very familiar with tax laws. CTG is fairly easy to calculate - you can claim for expenses in acquiring the property , legal etc and also legal and auctioneers fees for disposal of property. You can also claim for enhancement to the property, such as new kitchen, extension etc., (not normal upkeep) if you owned the property before 2003 there is indexation relief and the first 1270 of gain is not taxable. The current rate is 33%. Returns have to be paid in same year as disposal generally before 15th December - see revenue.ie

Yes, purchase and selling fees, and any improvements.

For purchase fees, I can only really give an estimate, solicitor and our surveyor fees, around 3,500. Also for improvements, do we need ot have receipts, I know we had to have things fixed, the heating was about 3k, painting, shower replacement, another 1k... Is it ok to estimate these costs or do they need receipts (over 10 years ago)

Yes, purchase and selling fees, and any improvements.

For purchase fees, I can only really give an estimate, solicitor and our surveyor fees, around 3,500. Also for improvements, do we need ot have receipts, I know we had to have things fixed, the heating was about 3k, painting, shower replacement, another 1k... Is it ok to estimate these costs or do they need receipts (over 10 years ago)

None of those things sound like enhancements qualifying for a CGT deduction, they're simply repairs or restoring the condition of the property to its initial state.

Back