Recommend a Cybersecurity Company/Solution

PatrickSmithUS

I'm with a mid size company and we're looking for a decent Internet anti spam solution or a company that can provide the same.

Has anyone any experience with this? So far I've been led down a path I don't understand in relation to website blockers, email security and DNS filtering and the like.

I really need an outfit that can explain everything to me in layman's terms. I had someone trying to explain Cisco umbrella to me and I couldn't make hear no tail of it.

Zenith63

What email platform do you use currently? Office365/GoogleApps/Exchange/?

Office365 comes with email filtering built-in and is generally the best approach in my view (working extensively in this space).

MugsGame

Frequent Poser
Do you just want to block spam/malware emails, or do you also want to stop visits to dodgey/compromised websites?

mathepac

Do you use an email server? Do you want to restrict outgoing emails to business email? Are you running Windoze/Linux/macOS or a heterogenous environment? Do you have in-house ICT expertise or are you depending on the vendor to configure install and support the software? Do you want to log access by users to suspect sites or subscriptions to questionable mailing lists?

You might start by searching the internet for something like "best anti-spam malware software 2021" and see what products might suit, based on the vendors' descriptions.

Leo

With the likes of Cisco Umbrella, you're going to need in-house expertise to manage that for you, or engage another company to manage it on your behalf. Also, most Cisco software will be limited unless you have an all Cisco network and if they get you signed up to the software solutions, they'll know they have you trapped on their hardware platform.

Note that if your primary concern is email filtering, and you explained that, maybe avoid the company pushing Umbrella!