Recommend a Carpenter in Dublin?

C

coolaboola

Hiya folks,

Can anyone recommend a carpenter in Dublin (southside) please?

Himself and I built a DIY built-in home office in our (tiny) spare room a couple of years ago. It hasn't really worked out too well as we've expanded to his'n'hers computers now so the set-up, originally designed for one, is a tight squeeze now. So now we're looking to go back to the drawing board so to speak and redesign the study.

The room is too small to fit two standard office corner desks (its 2100x2100 mm) so we're looking at custom building a built in desk for two. And it was a bit of a nightmare to do first time 'round so this time we're thinking of leaving it to the experts. Hence I need a carpenter ...

c

Deffo! He's into gaming and I surf (mostly) and do some web design as well as on-line banking, writing letters, emailing, etc. We're on our respective machines similateously most nights. Having two computers avoids arguements about whose turn it is to use the machine. That's what you get with two engineers in the family! Even our dogs have their own email addresses!

Its not as extravagant as it sounds though. As my computer useage is not very demanding (on machine spec) I inherited his old machine (bought in 1997 so you can imagine how decrepit it is!).

Laptops

Why not buy 2 (or 1 to start) laptops. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than getting somebody in to do the work.

Re: Laptops

Yup, laptops would help but you can't get 19+" monitors for laptops (which himself uses for gaming along with surround sound) and we'd still need the desk space for peripherals (printer, scanner, camera, cable modem, network hub, endless CD-ROMS, etc.) as well as paper, files, lamps and other stuff for non-computer work. Also laptops aren't very ergonomic and I find them uncomfortable for prolonged use.

Along the same lines though, we are considering replacing our clunky monitors with flat screens to save space... a kind of in-betweeny compromise.

Back