Receiving CASH as gift from parent

Gift of €200K What's the procedure? What forms do I fill out?

I'm sure this is not intentional, but the post sounds quite demanding! As if you have some entitlement to post a question and receive any answer , without delay, from one of the posters who voluntarily offer advice. You might just consider taking a little time to explain your situation and request some assistance?

I think you have posted several posts in different locations and I think you want to know what are the CAT implications of the proposed gift plus what forms do you need to fill out and where do you send them. And when?

I think you should start with the Revenue website and make a good stab at working out what your position is. You are the only one who knows whether you have received any gifts or inheritances before.

mf

Reactions: jim
I'm sure this is not intentional, but the post sounds quite demanding!
Thank you mf! for your reply. I'm sorry if you felt threatened.

You might just consider taking a little time to explain your situation and request some assistance?
I an getting €200k from a parent. I'm looking for advice about tax. I understand that I have not exceeded the €225,000 threshold on aggregated gifts and inheritances from a parent and i will not have any tax liability. How should i declare it- what forms should i use?

I think you should start with the Revenue website
I find the revenue.ie site. I cant find answer there..... That's why i'm on ABM.

You are the only one who knows whether you have received any gifts or inheritances before.
I have not in the past received any gifts over twenty euro in the past.

it's all explained here http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/cat/leaflets/cat1.html

If you have not received any gifts from your parents since Dec 1991 then , yes, you are not liable for CAT but as you have now exceeded 80% of the € 225,000 limit then you must file a return - an IT38 can be filed online and the page above explains this and has links to further pages outlining the procedure in detail.

My late mother died September 1991 and left a small sum of money to my daughter. She has now been left something in another grandparents will which will be liable for inheritance tax. Must she still declare the 1991 money Is there some cut off point as mentioned in above post of Dec 1991

Back