Received a text to say I have won a lottery/iPhone/

elcato

It sounds like a spoof text to see if your number is active. Don't respond and maybe contact your phone operator.

Actually 's from vodafone. Did you topup recently ?

Last edited:
It sounds like a spoof text to see if your number is active. Don't respond and maybe contact your phone operator.

Actually 's from vodafone. Did you topup recently ?

Hi

No I hadn't topped up. I also dialled the 50021 number to check if it was Vodafone and got an automated reply saying that I couldn't be connected to that number.

Nokia/Freelott

just got a text asking to contact tel. 447700007771 saying my mobile has won 1.5m sstg in the above and asking me to claim by emailing my name and mobile to freelott@nokia connect.org . apart from ignoring it should i report it to any one.

Dewdrop....You did not do so well...They sent me a message at 1in the morning yesterday,,,but I won 2 million.
I would normally be annoyed at being woken at that time,but did not mind at all as it was such great news,,,:):)

dewdrop/usual - it looks like i share your good fortune! Got 2 x texts this week - both arriving between midnight and 1am - letting me know I'd won big money....giving the same instruction as you mentioned dewdrop...

What's with the timing? They think people will be more susceptible at this time of night? either sleepy or drunk?

Got one over the weekend from +17738271498 stating I was Ireland's winned and to go to sony.ie.contestcircle.info to claim my prize. Seems to be a few of those going around in the last few days.

Note, URL deliberately broken.

Got 2 during the weekend. 1404..952..8197..
I was chosen to recieve (sic) a prize as Ireland's winner.

www..apple..ie..agiveaway..info

Additional dots added.

Marion
My good fortune continues. Got this one too. There seems to have been a barrage of these texts over the past few weeks - don't know why they are coming now when they never came before? Is there anything comreg should or can be doing to prevent this?

Back