Received 10 times what I ordered and they are looking for money??

monkeyman

Bit of a strange one. I complained about a certain brand of CD's which kept failing, and they were to send me 5 boxes of 10 to make up for it. About 2 months later they sent me 50 boxes to my work address. They had the wrong surname (not even close) on them and the delivery docket was marked as samples.

No one in the reception area knew who they were for so they were left in a store room for another 2 months. Being marked as samples a few boxes went missing.

Yesterday I get a call demanding payment for them or else a solicitors letter would be coming to my work place and they would try to receive payment from where I work.

Any idea on where I stand here. About half the boxes are left.

Quite simple really.

You didn't order them, therefore you don't have to pay for them. And they technically didn't deliver them to you either.

From the stuff that was delivered to you, take out what you were expecting to receive from them based on your original agreement (net of whatever were taken when in the store room), and send the rest back to the company concerned.

By sending them back, even though they'd screwed up and sent to the wrong person (whereby you could actually claim you don't know anything about what was delivered and keep everything), you're actually showing them a certain level of goodwill in order to clear up the situation and resolve everything to everyones satisfaction.

If you send them back, let it be clear that they are responsible for any costs associated with returning them .. otherwise, make the items available for collection at a time & place convenient to both parties.

Im sure there is legislation which deals specifically with this & puts a time frame on how long the people have to collect goods which were sent to you without your request, 30 days perhaps ??

Cheers

G>
[broken link removed]

Tell them u will send back as soon as they arrange a person to pick the product up, simple as that

bill them for storage, that will soon stop them annoying you.

Back