Reasonable living expences in bankruptcy

JayPee

Does anyone have any figures for reasoable living expences in relation to bankruptcy, both here and UK. Are these in line with those issued for PIA

You need to put up more information. For how many people, no of adults, no of kids, ages of kids.
Also, try citizens advice in the uk for information on uk bankrupcy.

ye,sorry Luter, 2 aults 2 kids 4 and 6, but looking for comparisons really

Its pretty impossible to put up anything meaningful, as it depends on where you live and your accommodation costs.
This wouldn't be miles away

Expenditure (per month)
Mortgage £
Rent £ 800
Gas £70
Electricity £70
Water £30
Council Tax £120
Telephone £50
Housekeeping / Food £1000
Clothing £160
TV rental / Licence £
Prescriptions £15
Gifts / Emergencies / Newspapers etc £40
Car Tax / Insurance £50
Petrol £ 250
Car Repairs £20
Life / Household Insurance £20
Sky £40 ( will be disallowed)
Child Maintenance £
Any other essential items (please list those items below)
Holidays £70
Haircuts £40

Steve Thatcher
www.stevethatcher.ie

I'm looking at Dorchester and the rent is considerably higher, is that a no no?

tx Steve, while your there I have one more quick question, my wife has the chance of relocating her job to the UK, would this be a problem

Would you be allowed to buy cigarettes while bankrupt?

Hi Jack yes you can, but you cannot claim for them under a separate head of claim, they would have to fall within your housekeeping budget, or as you have a clothes allowance of £40 per month, you may decide you can get away with £20 new clothes and £20 fags. That's how it works. You get a whole budget allowance, it's really up to you how you spend that money each month.

Steve Thatcher
www.stevethatcher.ie

Hi Jack yes you can, but you cannot claim for them under a separate head of claim, they would have to fall within your housekeeping budget, or as you have a clothes allowance of £40 per month, you may decide you can get away with £20 new clothes and £20 fags. That's how it works. You get a whole budget allowance, it's really up to you how you spend that money each month.

Steve Thatcher
www.stevethatcher.ie
Thanks Steve.

Thanks Steve. Would it need to be a 1 bed flat or could I get a house with a garden (as I have a pet) which seem to be around £800p.m. in a decent area, if I could somehow manage it financially?

Thanks Steve. Would it need to be a 1 bed flat or could I get a house with a garden (as I have a pet) which seem to be around £800p.m. in a decent area, if I could somehow manage it financially?

Not sure what Steve is going to reply, but I'd be surprised if a judge would not raise his eyebrows at a single person renting a house for 800 GBP. Don't draw attention to yourself.

Not sure what Steve is going to reply, but I'd be surprised if a judge would not raise his eyebrows at a single person renting a house for 800 GBP. Don't draw attention to yourself.

A judge won't be concerned at all. The OR won't mind if you can afford it. renting is expensive

Steve Thatcher

Thanks Steve. Renting is very expensive in the areas I'm restricted to but they're the only areas I'd feel safe in.

Back