Readymix Sand & Cement

D

Daithi

Readymix Sand & Cement

I need to raise the floor in my hall by a couple of inches.
To do this i will use sand and cement mix not concrete.
Can anyone let me know where i can order about 2 cubic metres of readymix sand and cement in Dublin.
Thanks

To do this i will use sand and cement mix not concrete.
I'm not sure I understand you; isn't concrete simply sand/gravel&cement plus water?
Anyway, try the Golden Pages for readymix suppliers. Or if you are getting someone in to level this new floor, maybe they can look after the ordering for you.

Re: Readymix Sand & Cement

isn't concrete simply sand/gravel&cement plus water

I suspect Daithi is referring to the above minus the gravel.

I understand my brick-layer friend refers to this as mortar. Not sure why this is a more appropriate mix for this use.

You're right

Thanks Once bitten.
You're right on your description.
Because its only an inch thich it would have to be sand and cement only because the gravel would weaken it around the edges of the gravel.
I was just checking here to see if anyone knew anywhere and had prices. I guess as a last resort i'll trawl the golden pages and get prices from any i find.
Thanks again

sand and cement

Readymix-the company-should be able to help you.

Re: sand and cement

Because its only an inch thick it would have to be sand and cement only because the gravel would weaken it around the edges of the gravel
I understand now. You might need to mention to the supplier that it's for a very thin layer and so have it made a bit stronger than normal ie. higher Newton value

Back