Re: Sample a new drink?

D

DOBBER22

I posted this joke last Friday and it seems to have been deleted...can't think why and would be grateful if the person who deleted it would advise why it had to be removed?
I wouldn't have posted it if I thought it would offend :\

-----------------------------------------------------------

Offensive post deleted

See ;

If any of the moderators finds a post offensive or obscene, she or he will delete it even if someone else sees no harm in it. There will be no discussion of or explanation of deleting policies.

Ah I see the mighty Rainyday has deemed my post offensive but in all my time reading posts here I have encountered much worse, I thought it might have been you Rainyday.
Still like to know why my joke was deemed offensive it was after all just a joke, I'd understand if my joke contained bad language, racisim ect... but it was just a story about a lady getting even :\
Apologies to all if anybody was offended.

Which part of "There will be no discussion of or explanation of deleting policies" are you having difficulty in comprehending?

Dobber22, damn missed that joke, not my much though............

Aha I said I'd like to know why not I demand to know, I find offensive your assumption that I lack comprehension.
This brings an end to my posting here at the craic as I see that whatever I post here will always be reviewed subject to approval by Rainyday and if you ask for an answer you are treated like you are below Mr. Moderator and how dare you question his mighty authority.
If you are not obliged to answer when questioned about deleting a post then why reply at all especially questioning whether I can comprehend your obvious status here at AAM.
;)

Dobber's joke

Dobber, if that is the joke you posted I don't see it as being particularly offensive. You'd want to be a bit of a prude to find it so.

I think Brendan needs to be having a word with *some* of his mods about how they conduct themselves on this board in general.

Deleting unecessarily and then just being rude about it is out of order.

Common sense would suggest that being polite and providing a brief explanation might have sufficed in this case.

The words 'power' and 'gone to his head' spring to mind.

I'm bigger than you, by one.

Dobber, you obviously do have a comprehension problem as you have posted the content again. Hang on a second, that was a joke so don't get offended by it.

Ho, ho, ho, some people find it funny, some people don't. Maybe you don't.

This kind of challenge to moderators proves nothing. If they continue to delete and you continue to post they will probably give up eventually and your post will stay here forever or until it drops off the edge. All that will have been achieved is wasting time.

DOBBER23

Re: I'm bigger than you, by one.

The words 'power' and 'gone to his head' spring to mind.

Yeah. First the message board. Then the World!!! Huahhhhaaawwww, huahhhhawwwwww, huahhhhawwwwww....

At least one of the Mod's has a sense of humour....doh meant to stay away doh!

Mr. Clubman has been watching too much Austin Powers me thinks, that laugh is so Evil!

Dobber, I was one of the lucky ones who happened to read your joke and gave it a rating of four. I thought it excellent. I am peeved that my reply was deleted as it contained no bad content at all. One of my many jokes that I have had deleted before was about Kerrymen, yet when I re-submitted it replacing Englishmen for Kerrymen it was left on the board. which shows racism on the part of the mods or admins.
Dobber dont let them grind you down. We all love your jokes, I was annoyed when I saw it gone. :b

Lads,
I put a lot of work in geting "The Craic" forum opened in the first place as it was against the better judgment of some of the mods.
Please don't f**k it up. Accept that some joles will get the chop.
As a matter mof interest the very first joke that was deleted was one posted by myself.
Take it on the chin and move on.

Back