Raising money/looking for sponsorship

J

Janet

Morning all,

I wonder if anyone has any advice/suggestions on looking for sponsorship from local companies. It's to help fund a choir. We normally fund through our own subscriptions and during the year have a concert and a table quiz. Like everything though costs keep going up so we are trying to think of other ideas now. One idea is to try and get some local businesses involved (maybe sponsorship/donations in return for advertising in concert program etc). Does anyone have any experience in this type of thing? We were thinking of sending a letter to some local businesses, any suggestions for what to say?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Janet

Can you offer to perform at local corporate events or business openings?

Here are some more fund raising [broken link removed]

Brendan

I doubt if a 'begging letter' (no offence intended) will get much attention or response. Personal contacts & networking is your best bet.

Thanks for the replies. I agree that the personal touch would be better. But we'd like to have a letter of some sort with us to leave behind after talking to people (local shops etc.) as well.

And thanks Brendan for that list. We have a couple of those things planned already but there are some good ideas for other possibilities. And it reminded me that I can do a Tupperware party to raise money as well. Profit and much needed funds for choir - great combination!

Don't know if this is much help to you, but I used to be involved in a choir and we got ourselves an agent - yes an agent!

They got us a good load of corporate work and concerts, took care of the money side of things anyway.

We also got a contract with a local hotel to sing christmas carols in the foyer in the evenings for the week leading up to Christmas. We would collect for charity & the hotel has some great music for the clients and christmas parties.

HTH

Mo

Back