"Radio Disabled".

justsally

Trying to go online on a laptop - no joy. The signal icon has an X through it and the message Radio Disabled. This has happened out of the blue as it was fine earlier to-day. Can anyone help me re-establish a connection. There is no switch on the laptop for enabling/disabling the radio.

Thanks

There is no switch on the laptop for enabling/disabling the radio.
By "radio" I presume you mean wireless connectivity.

There usually is a switch to enable/disable this, it's just not too obvious sometimes.

There should be a small light to indicate whether the wireless signal is on/off. Have any of the lights which are/were normally lit up now gone dark?

Is there a small icon (it looks like an antenna with three curved lines [like signals] coming from the antenna - this is the standard, but I'm sure some symbols will be slightly different) as one of the function keys (in the same colour as the function key.... so hold the function key and press the button with the antenna signal to turn it on and off) at the top of the keyboard (usually with the F1, F2 etc. keys)?

If there is, try pressing function and the key with the symbol to see if this solves the problem.

wow thanks for that

I've found the Fn (blue) key and have clicked on it in conjunction with the F2(with the radio signal) and the radio is back on ..... as I'm typing this I've lost the radio signal again and had to repeat the action and it's working again.

Thanks for your quick and helpful reply.

...as I'm typing this I've lost the radio signal again and had to repeat the action and it's working again.
That's a strange one...
This usually happens when someone (usually assisted by a child :p) accidently hits the combination. I don't believe I've ever come across it happening in an automated way before.

Someone more familiar might be able to give an idea on what might cause that, well outside my range of comfort so couldn't even guess at a reason.

Back