RABOirect Ireland Vs. RABODirect Belgium

shipibo

A Chairde,

Posting something that interested me when looking into RABO Investment funds, In Ireland.They have an entry fee of .75% and an exit fee of .75%, the belgian equivalent has an entry fee of 1.5%, and no exit fee.

[broken link removed]

When I enquired to RABODirect about this , I was told this was the Irish policy, when I asked could I join the belgian investment funds, was told I needed to be a resident of Belgium to do that.

Another company raising the bar in terms of charges for products to Irish citizens ........

As the image is a straight talking, listen to customers bank, anybody who has / is going to invest in their funds should bring this issue up with them.

crumdub12 said:
Posting something that interested me when looking into RABO Investment funds, In Ireland.They have an entry fee of .75% and an exit fee of .75%, the belgian equivalent has an entry fee of 1.5%, and no exit fee.
Is the entry fee on the contributions and the exit fee on the full value of the fund? Otherwise it would look like the same charging structure just split a different way? Have you crunched the numbers to check if 1.5% on entry versus 0.75% on entry and 0.75% on exit necessarily yields better results in all cases?

If fund is worth more on exit than entry (please god !!) , then it is more expensive than its Belgian counterpart.

If you lose money, it is better, this is not likely.... I hope.

When I asked , was given the "we have only started up, and will re evalute blah, blah..

There are lower charging funds available on the Irish market so why not go with them instead of Rabo if you don't like their charging policy (for Irish customers)?

I have, but this is a forum to discuss money issues, and I have posted this to let people know....

The issue is rates are higher here than Europe, should this not be addresed ??

If you crunch the numbers on this with equal investments and equal returns on both funds and that you leave the funds run for ten years there is no difference in the outcomes. Afer 20 years the IE account is probably two or three euro up on the BE account. Having a lower initial charge means that you have more of your money invested from day one. For big sums and long term investment assuming all other things are equal, this outweigns the exit charge, so the IE charging structure is a better deal.

PMU,

I get your drift ...... it would work out better.

Just an afterthought, see RABO have increased maintenance rates for MLIIF Emerging Europe fund.

[broken link removed]

Back