Quinn Life US Freeway S&P 500

sole

Quinn's Fund Prices shows US Freeway as -12% over las 5 years. Not sure of exact dates.
Over last 3 years it is +22%.
Is S and p 500 due for a rise. Can anyone familiar with US economy form an educated opinion. I am not familiar with the facts.
Notice some others contributors to this topic have avoided US Freeway in there investment mix. Am I missing something?
I was thinking of maybe 5% to 10% would be a good bet with about 80% in Euro/Celtic mix.

Nobody can predict the future. Speculation about future performance of individual markets/indices is pointless. If you think S&P is the appropriate investment for your needs then invest in it. If not then choose something else. Even educated opinions on future market performance are useless.

Quinn's Fund Prices shows US Freeway as -12% over las 5 years. Not sure of exact dates.
Is S and p 500 due for a rise.

The statistics are misleading as the dollars weakness over the last few years has distorted matters. S&P 500 has nearly doubled since its 2002 low point. Over last three years, is up around 40% and has been particularly strong over the last six months.

Nonsense! Euro based returns are all that matter to a euro based investor.

There is no nonsense in my post. You have missed the point. The point is that the original poster asked "Is S and p 500 due for a rise". I am pointing out that it has been rising - it has been a bull market since 2003.

Is S and p 500 due for a rise.

"The statistics are misleading as the dollars weakness over the last few years has distorted matters. "
The statistics are not misleading. In euro terms the s/p is down 12% over the last 5 years. It doesn't matter if it's the currency or the actual index,all that matters is the final result. It is no consolation to the OP that the S/P is rising in dollar terms if the overall return is negative 12%.

Thanks everyone for opinions.

This 22% in 3 years looks good and I think is due to continue if not improve. The dollar performance is another matter but should hardly cause significent loss to us.

[/i]"The statistics are misleading as the dollars weakness over the last few years has distorted matters. "
The statistics are not misleading. In euro terms the s/p is down 12% over the last 5 years. It doesn't matter if it's the currency or the actual index,all that matters is the final result. It is no consolation to the OP that the S/P is rising in dollar terms if the overall return is negative 12%.

I am well aware that it is of no consolation. I am well aware that the 'final result' is what is important. Nor am I suggesting that QL should post the results in dollar times. I'm not suggesting anything, merely pointing out some facts.

To repeat; the original poster asked if the S&P was "due for a rise". I pointed out that it has been rising. Investing on the assumption of it being "due for a rise" would be investing on an erroneous assumption.

Thanks everyone for opinions.

This 22% in 3 years looks good and I think is due to continue if not improve. The dollar performance is another matter but should hardly cause significent loss to us.

The dollar's 1% fall against the euro adds to the 3% fall in the S/P making it about a 4% fall in euro terms for the day. Currency movements matter!

Back