Quinn Life/Reg Savings Plan Vs Pride n Joy

Coolaboy

Looking for some advice. I am going to save 100 euro per month into one of the above funds. The aim is to provide an educational fund. Which do you feel will provide a better return. I will pay into fund for 15yrs plus.

Thanks.

The two options are basically the same. The Pride & Joy option is basically just a marketing exercise with the option of some sort of trust declaration setup. See previous threads on this issue. There will be no difference between the same funds invested in under either option.

I was going to set up one of these but they wanted a minimum of €177 a month so I didn't go ahead with it.

The same €51 p.m. minimum contribution applies to both the and according to their website. Why were they asking you for €177 p.m.? It's an odd figure and over three times their stated minimum contribution.

The same €51 p.m. minimum contribution applies to both the and according to their website. Why were they asking you for €177 p.m.? It's an odd figure and over three times their stated minimum contribution.

Haven't a clue. I rang them first to talk about it and they said they'd send the documents through the post. When these arrived, the contribution was €177 so I rang again but the person on the other end wasn't very helpful and hung up on me when I was on hold!

Very odd. If you were interested in something nearer €51 p.m. then you should have just downloaded the forms from the website, filled them in and sent in your initial cheque lodgement.

Very odd. If you were interested in something nearer €51 p.m. then you should have just downloaded the forms from the website, filled them in and sent in your initial cheque lodgement.

Didn't even occur to me at the time but I might still go ahead and do that.

Back