quinn life freeway funds(currency dealt in)

thomsk

Hi all. I am considering investing in a few of the freeway funds available with Quinn life(namely china, latin america, emerging markets, and japan).
Firstly, however, I would like to ask whether anyone out there has invested in any of these-and if so how have they performed?
Something that I have noted with the funds(apart from the chinese fund-HKD) is that they are all traded in US Dollars.
Now, with the Dollar being weak at the moment, and the future looks bleaker for it, ther are 3 questions that I would ask:
1) Is now a good time to invest in funds that trade with USD?
2) Would it be better to invest in the future- when the USD has perhaps reached $1.50 levels with regard the euro?
3) Should funds dealing in USD be avoided?

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks.
PS Does anyone know of other funds that sound good in relation to Africa?

to my knowledge they all deal in EUR, except U.S Equity (USD) and UK (GBP).

In relation to the USD, no one knows how it will perform, yes it dosnt look good and i would bet on a further fall to possibly 1.45. thats all it is - a bet.

In the freeway guide it states that "there is multi-currency risk inherent in this fund". Also, indexes "are shown in US dollars and no account is taken of currency gains or losses" - would not this suggest that the funds are conducted in USD and then converted back to euros? (like buying gold bullion).

this is not a recommendation and I'm not an employee, but I switched all my funds 50/50 to the Latin American and China funds last month, boy am I happy as they are currently up 17% and 24% in the month, was a risk and now I'm going to spread out again as the gamble paid off

why not keep going with china and latin america - I can't see why they should stop going the way they are for foreseeable future? when do you reckon they will stop doing so well?

Back