Quinn Healthcare increases premiums

STEINER

[broken link removed]

no surprise here, as they usually up prices this time of year. average of 12% from Jan 1st 2012.

I need to check out my options. Just onto Quinn there, my Essential Plus no excess plan is jumping from €86 per month to €119 per month, a hike of 39%. I actually laughed when the girl told me the increase, must have been the shock.

Make sure you are on their "Corporate Plan" which is a lot cheaper.

If not, ask them to switch you over to it.

I did this a couple of years ago and they sent out a refund for the difference.

In your case I presume the monthly payments would decrease.

thanks, I will check that out. I am recovering from cancer and I really don't want to downgrade plan or switch and then find out that I've made a mistake regarding coverage or entitlements.

thanks, I will check that out. I am recovering from cancer and I really don't want to downgrade plan or switch and then find out that I've made a mistake regarding coverage or entitlements.

Essential Plus no excess is a very good plan.

There can be limitations on some of the alternative plans, including company plans, which the HIA site does not highlight because it doesn't go into the detail.

Be very clear in the questions that you pose if you are looking to switch within Quinn.

Price increases don't come into force until 1st January.

Patrick

The following plans with Quinn are well worth checking out on HIA website. 1.Company Care Plus 2.Company Care No Excess. Identical to your present cover all across the board, with extras,cheaper prices. Hope this helps with your decision.

Company Care Choice is another extensive policy with QD, excess of €1 (on out-patient benefits)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
What do people think of VHI plan PMI 19 11 which I have decided to go with in my confusion ?

It looks grand assuming that is the cover you want. Compare the table of benefits for each plan - the actual cover rather than what is on the hia site to ensure that there is no sneaky reduction in cover. You have 14 days. After that VHI won't allow you make any changes.

Patrick

Back