Quinn Freeway paperwork query

jakfrost

As part of the application process for Quinn Freeway, you're required to send photo ID them. If you don't want to send your passport the application guide states you can send a photocopy of it certified by a Garda,qualified solicitor or accountant.

So down I go to the police station and ask them to stamp a copy of it and am told that they don't do this, and that the financial institution has to accept the copy without a stamp.

Can anyone shed any light on who is in the right here?

The financial institution doesn't have to do anything if they don't want to.

Try another Garda station, or if you know a solicitor or accountant they might do it for you.

Otherwise just send the original-I have never had a problem.

I opened a Freeway Fund policy recently and sent in original documents. All were returned promptly so I dont see any problem sending an original passport.

I went to the Quinn Life offfice on O' Connell Street and they took copies of eveything there.

If you live in Dublin, then just bring your stuff there instead of going to a garda station. It makes more sense.

I got copies of our passports stamped at the local garda station and sent these off in the post. I would never send an important document like a passport in the post, unless it was registered.

I did the same as sign and just dropped into the O'Connell St office. Hassle free if you live in Dublin.

Quinn staff really are the friendliest bunch, in person or on the phone :)

My local Garda station did this for me a few weeks ago - no problem. There was a post a few months ago, where an OP had a similar problem. As far as I recall, it boiled down to the personality of the Garda, or whether he had had a good day or not!

why not try going back to the garda station and chancing you luck. Chances sre you'll get a different garda who may be more obliging. They stamped mine about a month ago, no hassle.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll head in to the offices, as I really wouldn't be comfortable with my passport floating through the post. Rabo were satisfied with an unstamped copy of my passport so I fail to see why quinn should be any different.

I opened a Freeway Fund policy recently and sent in original documents. All were returned promptly so I dont see any problem sending an original passport.

I luckily sent off copies of passport & driving licence to open account with EBS two months ago. Never received by them and I never got them back. So I wouldn't dream of sending originals in post. I opened Freeway account two wks ago and just brought photocopy of both which they duly signed in Garda station. I did however have originals with me to show them. Try another Garda station.

Most solicitors will do it free. Get a half dozen when you are there- never know when they will come in handy.

Had no problem getting a copy done in my garda station. I had a photocopy done myself and the originalwith me. He just looked at all the numbers/names etc closely and stamped it no problem.

If you stuck ask for your community garda at the front desk!!!! He should be willing to help :)

Back