Quick question about opening a fixed term account

jigsaw

Hey guys, I am opening a fixed term account with PTSB for my Mam.

She currently has her money in the AIB current account but is heading into AIB on Monday to get a cheque to open the fixed term account with PTSB.

I just wondered, when she goes into AIB to get the cheque, does she make the cheque out to PTSB or herself, as the new PTSB account will be in her name.

I'm just not 100% certain

Thanks Guys

Cheque should be payable to her, doubtful AIB would make a cheque out to PTSB anyway, basis being if she dropped it in the street anyone could lodge it to their account there.

I just wondered, when she goes into AIB to get the cheque, does she make the cheque out to PTSB or herself, as the new PTSB account will be in her name
I opened one recently. I already had the cheque made out payable to the PTSB but I had to change it when in the branch and make it payable to both myself and my wife.

Incidentally, when I opened the account I was told that I would receive a letter in the post showing a "nil" balance. This would be sent immediately. Then I would receive a second letter showing the balance after 14 days.

It's eleven days since I opened the account and I have not received the first letter.

Anyone else with a similar experience?

Back