Question about Welfare Benefits

CHarper

Hi

I will be a single mom soon and work full time. Being a single parent and living with my parents I'm just wondering what my entitlements will be? Because both my parents work I would have to be a full time mom for a little while because it wouldn't pay me to go to work (especially being on shift work & travelling long distances). Does anyone knows how much a week roughly I would get (if any) ?

thanks alot ppl
A

You'll be entitled to one parent family payment of €185.60 and €22 for each dependant child per week.

You may be able to claim half-rate Jobseeker's Benefit (if you've paid the appropriate number of PRSI contributions) as well as the One Parent Family Payment. At the moment, the half-rate is worth €92.80.
You will have to be available for work, and provide evidence of seeking work in order to qualify.

You may also still get the One-parent Family Payment if you go back to work. check out the income limits on the www.welfare.ie site. Also, if you are working, you should check out whether you're entitled to Family Income Supplement. Living with your parents will not affect your entitlements for One-Parent Family Payment, which is means-tested. Any maintenance you get from the father will be takn into account, however, adn you'll be expected to ask him for maintenance.

You'll be entitled to one parent family payment of €185.60 and €22 for each dependant child per week.

Thank you guys for your replies. I'm not sure would I get the full rate of 185.60e & would leaving a permanent job have any affect on this? Wow, just over e200 a week, maybe I should stay working! It's very hard to decide what to do, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Back