Question about SW docs

R

Richel

My husband has applied for Jobseekers assistance. He was given forms which he filled in and slips to have his employers fill in. They filled them in, husband sent them back. Was told the next batch would be posted to him. Realised on Monday that he needed one this week. His days off are Tuesday (office closed) and today. He attended today. His claim has been cancelled as the slip was not returned (they never posted it as per advice) and now husband has been sent to Hatch Street to appeal.

Is this normal? Wil the claim get resolved?

Many thanks

I think (could be wrong) that he (not employer) is responsible for returning the completed docs to SW

First of all, why was he sent to 'Hatch Street' and for what purpose?

reading between the lines, I'm guessing hubby is on casual/short-time working? That would be why he has to have employer certify his working days on a weekly basis. Due to backlogs, I'd imagine that he ran out of weeekly slips before his claim was authorised? And so claim auto-closed when not updated? It should only be a matter of back-dating it when repalcements/new siging slips are furnished to SW. (there's a lot of reading between the lines there!)

Back