Question about 'ignore' function

Caveat

Out of curiosity, if a poster is on e.g. my ignore list I simply won't see any of their posts.

But if their posts are quoted by other posters - I assume I will then see them or is the function more complex than that?

Out of curiosity, if a poster is on e.g. my ignore list I simply won't see any of their posts.

But if their posts are quoted by other posters - I assume I will then see them or is the function more complex than that?

Very celeb-like, do you have a long ignore list (out of interest?)

As a test, Caveat, I added you to my ignore list. I can't see your original post in this thread, but I can see truthseeker's quote of your original post.

Your post shows as "This message is hidden as Caveat is on your ignore list"

I'll go and take you off my ignore list now!

I just put you on my ignore list. When I came back to the thread I could not see your posts, but I did see the one that truthseeker had included in his.

Obviously I had to take you off it to reply to this :eek:

OK thanks Gipimann - that answers it I guess.

Can you even see this yet? :)

Edit: Thanks too Papercut

Itd be more fun if you could put yourself on other peoples ignore lists and they couldnt remove you, then you could merrily say what you liked about their posts and they wouldnt be able to see your comments :D

Itd be more fun if you could put yourself on other peoples ignore lists and they couldnt remove you, then you could merrily say what you liked about their posts and they wouldnt be able to see your comments :D

Such a good idea. Imagine if you could get yourself ignored by Brendan and all the mods. That'd be fun. I like the way you think. :)

But then they could put you on their ignore list and you wouldn't be able to see their comments and other people would ignore you out of solidarity and then people would ignore them out of solidarity with you and we'd all end up commenting to ourselves but we'd have nothing to comment on because we wouldn't be able to see any comments...........

Back