Query on Welfare payments

wendyk2004

Hi

My husband has to hand in his notice today because of ill health. He is a diabetic. What welfare payments if any would we be entitled to? I do not work.
Thanks

Has his doctor certified him as unfit to work on health grounds? If so then he may be entitled to claim one of the payments listed here. Otherwise he may need to apply for Jobseeker's Allowance/Benefits assuming that he will be available for and seeking work.

yes he has been certified. as he has diabetes and was working shifts his sugar levels were all over the place causing him to have 3 hypo's over the last 2 weeks. Would we be entitled to supplementary welfare allowance, mortgage allowance etc

If he is cerifeid unfir for work, he should claim Illness Benefit. Supplementary Welfare allowance can be paid while awaiting payment form them, but it is mean-tested. The beneift should come through quickjly enough, but the Communtiy Welgfare Officer at the local Health centre can be seen to get SWA, if need be. S/He will alos dela with mrotgage supplements. I think they pay the interest amount of the mortgage each month.

Back