Query on Sites

soloeffort

My father has just got land into his name thorugh adverse possession/squatters rights. I am now interested in building a house on this land. Will i have to pay him anything? Is there something since he is a farmer that he is allowed to give his childern a certain amount of site?

Your family Solicitor should be happy to answer this query, relevantto your particular circumstances - tax, inheritance, land registry etc.

My father has just got land into his name thorugh adverse possession/squatters rights. I am now interested in building a house on this land. Will i have to pay him anything? Is there something since he is a farmer that he is allowed to give his childern a certain amount of site?

Let me get this straight.

1. Your father is claiming to have established rights on land owned by another and is now offering it to his children?

2. You're wondering if you're going to have to pay your own father anything and you're asking us here?

3. You're also interested in whether inheritance tax applies on gifts of land from father to children?

ONQ.

Back