Queries following meeting with bank to switch

So this might be a stupid question but could the banks not have solicitors to make this process easier? Could they get all the documentation from your bank just to streamline and simplify it all for the new customer?

9 and a half weeks in and we have the final letter from our solicitor. We had a delay of about a week as we built an extension in 2010 (within the allowed measurements) but needed a 'Certificate of Exemption' before the solicitor could formally request the mortgage funds.

Final bill for solicitor is Eur950

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I put off doing it for a couple years because of the thoughts of the hassle involved but, in reality, it really wasn't too cumbersome. Just slow....

Final bill for solicitor is Eur950
Including VAT?

Glad to hear it all worked out for you, and it's great you documented your experience. It's easy for me to tell people to switch, but I've never done it myself, so it's great to see a real example from someone who had put off the process.

I'm glad you asked about VAT as when I looked initially I saw the bottom line as €950 but actually that's what we have to pay on top of the difference between out original mortgage balance (what our new mortgage amt was requested as) & the current outstanding mortgage balance....seeing as it took some time we've reduced our balance with 2 months mortgage payments!

So our solicitor actually cost the €1400 he quoted!

I need to pay more attention

I'm still working on TRS so when I figure that one out I'll post it