QFA or APA certification advice

sparkdev

Dear AAM members,

One of my friend who has a more than 7 years of experience in customer service in finance sector is looking for customer service and sales jobs in Ireland. She recently moved to Ireland. She is thinking to puruse Accredited Product Adviser (APA) and Qualified Finance Advisor (QFA) certification programs in Ireland to improve her chances. Does any one know where to pursue APA or QFA courses. Any general suggestions also will be highly appreciated.

She needs to do the QFA through the LIA. It is the industry recognised qualification to sell financial products.

It is not overly difficult and is much derided but I found it beneficial and you do learn interesting aspects about personal finances. The manuals are a good for future reference too.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

She needs to do the QFA through the LIA. It is the industry recognised qualification to sell financial products.

It is not overly difficult and is much derided but I found it beneficial and you do learn interesting aspects about personal finances. The manuals are a good for future reference too.

Steven
Is it same as IOB or is it better?

Gordon is correct.

In reality, those working in Banking tend to go for the Institute of Banking, while those working in Insurance go through the LIA.

Back