Purchasing House, building extension.

bonnieprince

Hi All

I am hoping someone can give me some guidance/help on some queries i have. Can anyone tell me the average price now for a kitchen extension measuring about 25ft x 9ft. It will be nothing too fancy. And if anyone knows how much drawings would cost and if anyone can recommend someone in the mid west all the better thanks.

bp.

€100 a foot should cover you, depending on a lot of factors.

You could get it done for less.

ONQ.

I should have noted in tmy above pithy reply, that the price will be what you get quoted by the builder. :)

Can I clarify that further and say that if you seek say three prices, you might be surprised at what you can achieve.

The hard work is in achieving a good price while also insuring good workmanship, attention to detail, good finishing, and building in compliance with the building regulations.

In particular get advice - or read relevant posts here - on whether you need planning permission.

Do retain an engineer for the foundation design abutting the neighbour, beam sizing where the extension is added on to the main house, beam support and placement - particularly of the house has hollow block walling to the rear.

HTH

ONQ.

kitchen extension measuring about 25ft x 9ft.

This size extension may be Exempted Development under the Planning Acts. Seek professional advice from an experienced Architectural Technician with full PI insurance.

Do get quotes from 3 reputable Builders (Recommendation by friends & neighbours can be useful - reputation is very important)

Back