purchase ETF on Amsterdam Euronext?

bogle

I’ve been looking at some iShares ETFs since late last year. The iShares ETFs I’m interested in are listed on various European exchanges e.g. London, Euronext Amsterdam, Paris. I’m with NIB and the same charges/commission applies for shares purchases on any of these exchanges. The London listed iShares ETFs are traded in GBX and the Euronext in Euro and when you do the conversion their value is the same (the base currency for the ETFs are Euro and Dollar). Also the bid-offer spread for one or two ETFs I’ve looked at is similar as well. When I go to purchase some iShares I’m thinking of asking NIB to purchase them on Euronext to cut out the Euro/GBX currency/commission charges. Anybody have a good reason why I shouldn’t do this?? Thks, Bogle

The last time I checked with NIB I was told you could not buy ETFs through their brokerage. Has this changed?

The last time I checked with NIB I was told you could not buy ETFs through their brokerage. Has this changed?

Must have, because the ISEQ Exchange Traded Fund is listed on the Irish section of their website as one which can be traded. Will send them an e-mail to see about LSE or Euronext.

no problem buying the ISEQ20 ETF thru NIB online - just the problem of current valuation!

I dont think this will work out cheaper. I also think that there is a very slight premium for Dutch listed ishares due to the added risk of buy-ins on the Dutch exchange

I’ve been looking at some iShares ETFs since late last year. The iShares ETFs I’m interested in are listed on various European exchanges e.g. London, Euronext Amsterdam, Paris. I’m with NIB and the same charges/commission applies for shares purchases on any of these exchanges. The London listed iShares ETFs are traded in GBX and the Euronext in Euro and when you do the conversion their value is the same (the base currency for the ETFs are Euro and Dollar). Also the bid-offer spread for one or two ETFs I’ve looked at is similar as well. When I go to purchase some iShares I’m thinking of asking NIB to purchase them on Euronext to cut out the Euro/GBX currency/commission charges. Anybody have a good reason why I shouldn’t do this?? Thks, Bogle

Why use NIB with their high commissions? Why not buy through 'Keytrade' at around €25 a trade and access to the Euronext markets in Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam etc. all direct in Euros. This is what I do.

Back