Public transport to Kilternan ski slope?

O

onekeano

Kids heading off from Northside to Kilternan tomorrow. Can anyone advice on best route - DART and Bus? Or bus from town - if anyone knows appropriate bus numbers that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Roy

The [broken link removed] says the [broken link removed] passes by the front door (look at the bottom of the page). It leaves from Hawkins St in Dublin city centre.

The timetable linked on the BAC website is dated July 2003, but I'm pretty sure that the introduction of the Luas was to result in a big change to the timetables of all the Dundrum routes including the 44.

You may wish to give BAC a ring to check times. Also, note that it would probably be faster (but more expensive) to get the Luas to Dundrum and pick up the 44 from there as the journey out through Ranelagh and Milltown can sometimes take a long time on the bus.

Either way the journey will take a long time since Kilternan is a long way out. If the guys don't know exactly where they are going it would be best to ask the driver - getting off *in* Kilternan will result in a 20 minute walk to where the slope is, and missing the stop will result in something similar.

z

Don't think the timetables have really changed that much, but obviously check www.dublinbus.ie

Also be sure to get the right bus ie if its the 44 make sue they don't get the 44b/c which are very different routes.

What has changed is the terminus, which is now on Townsend st, just round the corner from Hawkins St. (in front of the Screen cinema)

Re: 44

i used public transport once or twice to kilternan a few years back but i wouldn't recommend it. the trip out there is fine (as long as you don't get on the bus in the city centre as it'll crawl at that time of the evening). it's the return journey that's a pain; you'll be waiting in a very dark spot on a country road wondering when the bus is going to arrive, getting worried that you've missed the last one. the timetable frequency wasn't great at that hour. having said that, after the first time, we asked around the changing rooms and got lifts back towards town from drivers.

Back