Public Service Supplementary Pension what is the formula?

stoves1

Hi, I am presently on a public service pension joined post 1995 so Class A prsi, i am aged 61 and mandatory retired since aged 60, there seems to be different formula from various public sector organisations and unions as to how the Supplementary Pension part of the post 1995 entrant is calculated.
I would appreciate if someone can help with the definitive formula that Dept of Public Expenditure and reform are using to advise various public sector organisations when calculating their Supplementary pension as i feel my own is wrong.

also interested in this as I am nearly 60 and woul like to do the figures to make informed decision before retiring from hse as its too late when you gone

the attached link page 3 and page 4 , explains how to calculate a post 1995 pension, but as i have only found out this week it seems as though the supplementary part of your pension circa one third does not increase with % national wage agreements, which i think needs challenging.
https://www.tusla.ie/uploads/content/HR_Superannuation_Class_A_New_Employee_compressed.pdf

hi had a look at this but it only gives example of retirees with 38 yrs ect i like to know what happens if you retire with the following
15 years total hse ,post 1995 ( only worked part time)
28 years prsi record in this country
do they add Supp pension to make up the difference

Back