Other public liability insurance for kids entertainer

B

bakermum3

hi all, i am starting a small business as a kids entertainer. have been ringing around looking for quotes on public liability insurance and am getting no where. they seem to be plucking numbers out of the air. the type of entertaining i do is in no way dangerous but these days you can t take a chance. i entertain in homes and halls hired by parents. any advice would be really appreciated. oh have been told by a few people that the parents would be liable if anything were to happen dont know how true that is!!!!! thanks for the help!!

try a broker or whoever has your current insurance business - home motor etc.

The regular insurance companues won't quote for this so don't bother with the golden pages - There are a couple of brokers with special schemes for this and you shpuld be able to get it with a broker - Also as far as the paretns being responsible - You will have a liability as well as them so don't bank on that one ..
Insurance companies dont like where there's either Drink or children involved - thats why you won't have a queue of takers !

My husband used to be a children's entertainer and he had trouble also. Like the previous post says, it was a struggle to find a company who wanted to cover it probably due to the "children" aspect.

He hasn't done it for nearly a year now but when he did he had his insurance through a company called Ashburnham Insurance. Can't remember what the price was but it was the only company we could find that could help.

I've just found their website and they have a freephone number which is 0800 1696137.

Hope this helps

Susan

I know Glemham and Finsbury do childrens' entertainers insurance. Go online or phone your broker. It will cost you around 63 pounds a year.

It was quite hard to get childrens' entertainers insurance but it's more easier now.

thanks for that, will give them a ring. 63 sound alot better than the ridiculous €20 per party ive been quoted!!! will let you know how i get on. again thanks for all the advice.

hi, I'm a childrens entertainer.. you could always join equity.. they give you public liabilty included in your membership subscription and it is also up to 5million....
i recently got a quote from assure-uk
and you can pay it monthly as well it was only 99.00
I also do the kind of thing that you are going to do... so good luck!!
www dot cobblerstheclown dot com
is me... but it wont let me post my website till 15 posts... if your looking for help/advice
Andy

Back