Public liability for classes

gauloise

Could somebody please advise me what type of insurance is required to run classes in Community Centre or schools by a private individual?
Many thanks!

Hi
Check if the school's insurance already covers you. Cheapest route would be to see if you can come in under the school's existing scheme. If not, offer to pay the extra premium for the nights involved.

Much easier than trying to arrange as an individual.

It's a community centre that is insisting that I have my own insurance..should I contact my own insurance company or are there specialized ones that might be able to help?

All advice much appreciated!

cheapest bet in my opinion would be to contact the insurers of the hall and get quote.

Try approaching Allianz or try an insurance broker. you will need to tell them what sort of classes, how many people, ages, times and how many a year, how supervised. Minimum premium would be approx €350 for a year but could be double that depending on what you do in classes. Ask the community centre for a copy of their insurance details as well.

Thanks for all the advice. I have managed to secure insurance through a broker for €240.00 per annum which I thought was quite reasonable.
Thanks again for your input.

Back