"ptsb wants to know if my employer is claiming the EWSS for anyone?"

It was not my intent to make your quote "incorrect"; adding a word in square brackets is a standard device to ensure clarity when pronouns are used.

Making, what are, at best, conjectures and which are completely outside the applicants control is outrageous
An applicant on a high salary in (say) a five-person firm in a niche market is a greater credit risk than someone on the same salary working for a large corporate.

I can see why banks would want information on a firm's financials. It's up to the firm to decide what to do of course with the request.

I don't see this as "outrageous" or in any way GDPR-relevant either

Some mortgage applicants in my workplace have been asked by lenders to provide an employer letter confirming that they were not receiving any state assisted pandemic salary support along with the usual employment and salary details.

Sounds a bit strange. I was asked for a letter from my employer stating my job was unaffected but nothing about the company itself.
It might be because of the sector you work in. I also applied to PTSB and am working though the steps to full approval at the moment.

We switched to PTSB recently and used the following text, which they were happy with:

Please be informed that [COMPANY NAME] is not participating in Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme (EWSS) and [PERSON's NAME] income is not being supported by Government COVID-19 wage support schemes.

Pointless box ticking exercise.

What employer is going to write back that @lff12 is likely to lose their job?
That's not what they are asking. They are asking if you are a) impacted by or b) aware of any changes to your company or role.
If there was a redundancy announced which affected you the bank is entitled to ask.
In any case I didn't even have to ask for such a letter, my HR dept issued one by default alongside the usual salary statement form.

a) impacted by or b) aware of any changes to your company or role.
If there was a redundancy announced which affected you the bank is entitled to ask.
Indeed - but the OP was about a specific state provided support.

Back