PTSB sold to Start Mortgages

Anon2013

There is one of these letters on the way to us i was told on the phone today by PTSB.
We were in negotiations with PTSB regarding a capitalisation and term extension

What does this mean for us ?

We have had constant engagement with the bank and have paid full interest on our bill for last 5 yrs. PTSB have been slow to engage with us of late despite us pushing to resolve this situation..im guessing its because selling us off was in the pipeline?
At my wits end with all this,dont know where to turn

Hi,
We fell into arrears on our mortgage due to a period of unemployment. We had a PiP involved and a PIA was discussed but long story short to get our mortgage back on track we stretched ourselves to afford a trial repayment proposed by PTSB last year with the promise it would be extended to a long term offer in 6 months if we kept to it.
Our mortgage has since been bought by Start but PTSB informed us nothing would change.
Received a letter now from Start with an offer thats considerably more per month !!
Anyone any experience of this?
It is our family home and we have young children.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I will say it once more.

If you are not prepared to provide meaningful information, then you won't get a meaningful answer.

As Jim Stafford told you in the other post, the PIP is probably the best person to advise you.

You won't get some magical answer online to a vague question.

Brendan

Back