PTSB now same day transfer to VISA?

DublinTexas

can edit posts
For the 3rd time now my transfer from my PTSB current account to my PTSB Visa card was posted the next day with a value of the day of my transfer.

Looks like the 3-5 working days previously are over now and it's faster.

I did an online transfer (or more spefically bill payment) from my PTSB current account to my PTSB VISA recently and it still took a few days.

..and Ulster Bank are now displaying this message when you logon..

"We are pleased to advise that on 19th September 2005, a faster payment cycle will be introduced. In effect, the payment processing cycle will change from a 3 day cycle to a Next Day Value (NDV) cycle allowing you to make your payments in an even more timely and efficient manner."

coward said:
In effect, the payment processing cycle will change from a 3 day cycle to a Next Day Value (NDV) cycle allowing you to make your payments in an even more timely and efficient manner."
Does this message relate specifically to credit card payments? or all UB payments? or inter-bank transfers?

I don't know. It's not clear. That message appears under the following heading when you logon to their anytime banking service:

"Improvement to Ulster Bank Anytime Internet Banking Payment Services"

.. with no further details. Their 'payments' section of their anytime service includes bill payments, inter account transfers and third party transfers. So just have to wait and see which of these are affected.

Just set up the facility to pay my PTSB Visa from my PTSB current account today and was advised over the phone that it takes 3 days for the payment to hit the account.

Either I am extremly lucky (all the time) or part of a beta project?

My last payment showed up on the VISA card next day with a value of the day of payment (when they took the money from my PTSB account).

Payments to other people (Ulster Bank) still took 3 days.

Back