Ptsb & marp

Sonjac

Personal and income details
Net (i.e. after tax) €2,485 p.m.
Income self: nature of income - public servant
Income history: I am in full-time work, separated, both parties on mortgage, other party was contributing but now is not contributing anything monetary. He is minding the children so I am saving on childcare.
Net income partner/spouse: €814 p.m.
nature of income: jobseekers all.
Income history: In & out of jobs for last 2 years - unemployed since Nov. 2012
number of children: 2
Amount of Mortgage Interest Supplement received: 0

Home loan
Lender: PTSB
Amount outstanding:€275,000
Value of home: €165,000
Interest rate: 5.75% fixed rate to Feb. 2016
Monthly repayment: €1258 Int. Only, €1,833 last full payment
Amount in arrears: 0

Summary of discussions and agreements with the bank:
Had 3 months moratorium in 2011. Then had 2 lots of 6 months interest only. Paid full amount for 3 months and are coming to the end of another 6 months interest only. We have submitted the SFS and were told they could not discuss options available as there are too many and we will be notified in 2 weeks of the ONE option being offered to us.

Other loans and creditors
Credit Card €7,000
Family €11,500
Other party Bank loan e.g. 11,500
Other savings and investments: 0

How important is retaining the family home to you?
Which of the following best describes your situation?

I really want to keep the family home even if it means having a large mortgage and negative equity for years to come.
- but I want to be able to live. I don't think selling is an option with the amount of negative equity. I would like to be in a position to take over the mortgage and finalise the divorce.
Other party is living with parents but stays in the house 2 nights a week with the children.

Any other relevant information

What is your preferred realistic outcome?
An affordable interest rate that I can service by myself and not have to rely on the other party.

I am interested in what PTSB are actually offering people and as we are not in arrears due to borrowing and scraping I wonder if this puts us at a disadvantage. I found the advisor in PTSB very vague and scaremongering with talk of having to sell the house over a difference of €50 on the SFS? Also it does not seem that there is any scope for negotiation with PTSB- the advisor said its take it or leave it!

Any advice welcome. Thanks

Last edited:
Back