PRTB -is registration Tax Deductible

geri

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone knows if the 70 Euro per tenancy registration with the PRTB is tax deductible. I would look on this as a necessary expense incurred as a result of renting out a property,
Thanks,

It's a while since I checked but as far as I can remember it is deductible against your rental Income.

I sent off my registration in January and the cheque was only cashed in May! Didn't get a receipt, but will have the bank statement, cheque stub and a copy of the registration form if there's any query.

I sent off a couple of registration forms in December '04. I hadn't heard anything, so on April 8 I mailed them (their address is [email protected]) asking what the status of my application was.

The reply I got (on May 4) was "at present we are not in a position to check if your form is here or not ploease bear with us a little longer and we should have the backlog dealt with"

My cheque was chashed on April 13th.

Hi all,
Thanks everyone. I am just about to send in my registration. Have been renting out the house since last august. I'm not a property investor. Do you think I'll be penalised??
Thanks again,
Geri.

geri said:
Hi all,
Thanks everyone. I am just about to send in my registration. Have been renting out the house since last august. I'm not a property investor. Do you think I'll be penalised??
Thanks again,
Geri.

If you are renting out a house how are you not a property investor?

ok, I suppose in the literal sense, I am a "property investor" since I part own a house which is currently being rented out. We're not making a profit on the rental income, although we will be submitting to the revenue. Are you really a property investor if you're not making a profit and plan to move into the house yourself?

Back