PRSI on UK & Irish Rental income

C

ckldeepthi

As an employee working in Ireland, do you pay PRSI and levies on UK & Irish rental income? What types of income does a Schedule E income person pay PRSI/levies on other than Schedule E employment income?

Thanks

Technically all income is subject to PRSI/Levies even though it may be at a reduced rate.

- It so happened that becasue civil servants were schedule E, that the Revenue happily ignored prsi/levies on other income.

Irish rental income is schedule D case V
UK rental icome is schedule D case IV

When you look at your assessment, if your are more or less PAYE, you may see no additional prsi / levies. If you do, you wll find it is on all of the non PAYE elements. (3% + 2%) bring your 'tax rate' to 47% (although we still say 42%).

Hi Wiz., Thanks very much. I want to ask another question. What if you dont remit funds into state. Do you still have to pay tax on the UK rental
income?

Thnx
D

Not sure about your specific question about remitting funds to the state but my understanding is you are liable to tax on your worldwide income, so therefore it doesn't matter if funds are remitted into the state or not. (stand corrected on this)

In addition my understanding is that you are liable to tax in both countries. You calculate your liability for both countries and then pay your liability in UK. You can then offset what you pay in UK against your liability in Ireland.
Different rules apply to UK & Ireland

Back