PRSI contribution and Jobseekers benefit

Mammyto2

My Dh has been on unemployment benefit for over 12 months, he hopes that he has a new job coming up in the next few weeks but is unsure how long it will last. Just wondering if anyone knows how long he has to pay prsi again for to qualify again for obseekers benefit.

Thanks

After 156 days of receiving benefit, if you work and pay contributions for 13 weeks, then you re-qualift for JB.

Sorry Im really stupid when it comes to following some of these guides, i seen the section on 156 days but my dh has received 312 days, doese this mean he needs more that than the 26 weeks?
He will apply for JA but even if he doesn't get awarded this he has been told he should sign on for credits...why?

He will apply for JA but even if he doesn't get awarded this he has been told he should sign on for credits...why?

Credits are a way of keeping his contribution record up to date. Even though he will not receive payment, he will be credited with a contribution for each week that he signs on for credits. This will make a difference when it comes to calculating his pension in later years.

Back