Pro's and cons of underfloor heating

Are your floors concrete underneath, or suspended wood? We have wood downstairs, and when we tiled the kitchen we put 200mm of of insulation underneath. Had to take up the whole floor to do it, mind you!

no there's not wood, we have concrete. i'm actually thinking the best thing to do is to get rid of the tiles and put down a wooden floor.

Been there and done that barneymc!!!

Took us a year of going to court to get the house in the first place builders tried to re-sell the house because we refused to sign off on the snag list, and then tried to add 100k onto the price. Looking back we should of just let the house go, but we were young and not as wise as we are now, and we just wanted our house that we had worked and saved for. The only reason the builder are even talking to us about the insulation is because we are not the only ones having this problem. If it was just us they would of just laughed in our face and done nothing about it. I'll be godsmacked if they ever do get it fixed, the whole estate set up a commitee against the builders because so many people had major problems with their houses. That i know of no one has had anything fixed, they've just paid to get it fixed themselves. Apart from a friend of mine that cant fix her problem cause the road is in the way. She can drive her car into the driveway no problem........it's geting out of the car she cant do. In order for her to use her drive way she would have to climb in and out of the car via the boot or the sunroof!!!! It sounds unbelievable i know but all 100% true!!!

Whats an action committee?

The estate already set up a committee against the builders, they all met in a pub in the town. We didn't actually find out untill after this had happened because leaflets were put in everyone's doors in the estate and at the time we were still fighting in court to even get the house so we had no access to this leaflet.

The builders certainly weren't going to offer us this information, they had questions asked by others about "the only house in the estate not being lived in" and people had heard through the grape vine what was happening to us, but the builder refused to comment on it.

I dont blame them for not wanting me there, actually a good thing i wasn't could of ended up in a cell for the night!!!!!

Back