Property Valuation

pint6

Hello all,

Can you please advise any good valuators(to know the current value of our house) in Dublin 15 Area? Thanks and regards

Pint6

Used Independent Valuation in Ballsbridge for AIB mortgage.
Very goog and fast. Most banks use them. 120 YOu could ask them for a discount.

Get three local valuers around and take an average of the three. There's no need/point in paying for a mortgage valuation unless you need to. Bear in mind that a valuer acting on behalf of a lender may be more conservative than an open market valuation.

Sarah

www.rea.ie

Sarah W said:
Bear in mind that a valuer acting on behalf of a lender may be more conservative than an open market valuation.
Do they do this to keep the loan to value ratio high or something?

ClubMan said:
Do they do this to keep the loan to value ratio high or something?

Possibly, although I think it may have something more to do if the borrower ever defaulted on repayments and the house was reposessed. If the lender then had to sell the house and the sale price was not enough to clear the outstanding mortgage, afaik the lender can claim against the valuer's indemnity insurance for over-valuing the property originally.

Hel_n said:
Possibly, although I think it may have something more to do if the borrower ever defaulted on repayments and the house was reposessed. If the lender then had to sell the house and the sale price was not enough to clear the outstanding mortgage, afaik the lender can claim against the valuer's indemnity insurance for over-valuing the property originally.

Well good luck sueing them.

A valuation is the price at a certain time between a willing seller and buyer with a reasonable timescale given for marketing.

If you rushed a sale you probably wouldnt be able to sue and if the market had changed in anyway you probably wouldnt be able to sue, unless the valuation was negligent you probably wouldnt be able to sue. Valuations are usually caveated up to the eyeballs.

Usually the only valuers that get sued are ones the grossly undervalue and then the property is subsequently resold/flipped within a very short
timeframe as they are usually the only ones that can be proved

propertyprof said:
A valuation is the price at a certain time between a willing seller and buyer with a reasonable timescale given for marketing.

I know what a valuation is based on. I was talking about in the case of remortgaging where the valuation is based on what price the valuer feels the house would achieve on the open market. Not a valuation when a house is being purchased, where the valuer just values the house at the purchase price.

Hel_n said:
I know what a valuation is based on. I was talking about in the case of remortgaging where the valuation is based on what price the valuer feels the house would achieve on the open market. Not a valuation when a house is being purchased, where the valuer just values the house at the purchase price.

even if the value is wrong, if the valuer has undertaken all correct due dilligence then it would be very difficult to sue in any case

Back