Property market overvalued

what do the imf know about ireland. id also say that unless we see major climate changes in spain ie no more sunshine , the prices there wont crash either.

Yeah what do the IMF know. Have they been to Ireland, I dont think so. With the continued sunshine and all that sure it will be grand so it will to be sure, etc.

The sky's falling down

These external bodies have been predicting a price crash for donkey's years. Its a mugs game.

I often refer those trying to predict a crash to Mattew 24, verses 36 - 44.

The Economist, IMF etc have predicted 7 out of the last 2 property crashes. How about that for a success rate?

Conan

The Central Bank also predicted a price crash in 1998. Well spotted lads!!

Timing the market is a mugs game

If i gave bad advice like that at work i'd be fired.
How do these guys keep their jobs if they are so bad at it.

Yeah sure they are all doom merchants who know nothing about Ireland. The laws of supply and demand having been repealed in Ireland, we are immune to a change in the state of the global economy so we are, because of the Tiger economy and such like bedad.

Re: Property market overvalued - Going up forever and beyond!

Yes it is good to know that when you set foot on the shores of the emerald isle that the laws of supply and demand have been repealed. It is also great that falling rents have nothing to do with the price of property as well.

" It is also great that falling rents have nothing to do with the price of property as well."

Not at all and why would they sure. Yields and inveshtmints have been totally decoupled or did ye not hear :)

Up, Up, Up how dare they say that property will come down whatever next??? Do they not know that prperty will never, never, never and fall in Ireland???

Does anyone remember back to 2001 when house prices started to stagnate?. There was a major statement issued from the Building association of Ireland stating that house prices were going to rocket due to the fact that builders were not going to produce as many houses as the current year. As expected house prices rapidly started to rise again!. Funny how it worked out that there were a record number of houses produced for that year.

No one other that the IMF is going to say the house prices are overvalued as the government,banks, estate agents etc all have their hand in the pot!.

This market is fuelled but both fear and greed, fear that we may never get on the property ladder and we will pay almost anything we can to get on it and the greed of wanting to get rich quickly!...

As they say easy come easy go!

There seems to be a slight chill in the property market. Has anyone else noticed the new build adverts on the TV? Flynn Auctioneers in Castleknock were doing a leaflet drop at the Auburn Ave roundabout last week for new apartments in Castleknock. The days of people buying off the plans seem to be gone. Is supply exceeding demand at last?

Well hopefully it might protect our remaining countryside from being blighted by one off houses. Nothing focusses the mind like money and if house prices start to fall the "farmer's sons and daughter's" won't be interested in building in the "far paddock".

If prices level off will investors still take a punt in the market, if rents won't match mortage costs (and it doesn't look likely that they will appreciate for a few years as all these 'units' come on stream over the next 12-18 months)
would it be advisable to still get involved?

It could be still a wise decision to invest in houses/appartments provided these real estates are of low maintenance/cost to those who are renting/buying them.

The target is the Zero energy/A-rated house.Paying for energy and maintenance could be soon unaffordable for most whilst they paying for the rent or mortgage as well.So taking one (un-! )predictable costfactor out of the mind of the potential occupier will certainly make a property most attractive.Pay the rent and nothing else.Minister Noel Dempsey has-as far as I understood foreign press releases of last week-something like that in mind.Small scale producers of alternative energy will get a fixed amount for each kilowatt of solar energy.So instead of wasting money on pebble dash and paint to cover the facade every couple of years one can generate an income on it.What of course will lower the maintenance cost and make the building atractive...About a dozen nations are going this way already.With the result that buildings equipped with solar technology are fetching the highest prices on a free market.I don't know of any zero energy building in the modern world that is standing empty.
heinbloed

Back