Property advice pre-death for niece

R

rosepetal

Hi

My 3 spinster aunts bought out their home from the council in 2002. Now they want to leave it to me when they pass on but knowing the reaction the rest of their family (3 brothers and a sister plus their offspring) will have upon hearing this, we want to know what the best solution is to stop any contest and right from the family?

We have heard that if my name is put onto the deeds it just passes on as normal and is under no contest from previous family members, is this true? What about inheritance tax issues? I've lived there most of my life, my mother, their sister, used to 'dump' me with them when I was a baby and then when I was 6 I moved in permenantly until I married in 2003. I've heard I might be classed as a 'daughter' in this case, if so how do I prove I've lived there that long?

We also want to know if I could arrange the name onto the deeds with a solicitor on their behalf? What about if they also drew up wills, they have none at present, would this affect anything? Would a will from wills.ie be enough to dissuade other family members from being complete butt heads in the case of moaning that I got the house by succession and was willed it?

Anyone have any idea what the average price is for this service (deeds, wills,)

It just seems like a complete pain to sort out and I am going to a solicitor for advice but just thought I'd ask if anyone had experience of this.

thanks

Re: Property advise pre-death for niece

"wills, they have none at present, "

They should each make a will, leaving the home to the surviving sister(s), or if no surviving sister, to yourself.
That should sort it.
Rgds
Billo

Back