Problems with CPP Refund

Discussion in 'Payment Protection Insurance claims' started by Kerrigan, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Kerrigan

Kerrigan Frequent Poster

Some time ago I received[​IMG] written correspondence from one of the main Credit Card[​IMG] companies informing me I had been mis-sold a Card Protection Policy. I was asked to sign some documentation and return it to them and I would be refunded within 40 days. About two weeks after sending the signed document I received a letter telling me to send them some documentation e.g my birth certificate as proof of date of birth. I sent my passport believing this to be sufficient.

A couple of days later I received another letter stating that my CPP could not be found!!!!

Another letter followed insinuating that a passport was not a sufficient form of ID and by the way we have mislaid the copy of your identification that you did send us.

Surely a passport is sufficient enough to prove I am who I say I am?

2. Gerry Canning

Gerry Canning Frequent Poster

A passport is sufficient .
    The only reason you are being repaid is that these companies have been caught out ,
    whatever about the few bob on the CPP ,ask them did you have Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) because from experience the one had the habit of following the other and the potential payout is much higher and ensure that in signing for CCP you do NOT sign away your future rights to reclaim PPI.

Re -copy everything, keep copies of everything and re reapply.
    To all posters please name the Companies , think about it, they are not refunding because they have done right!
    Other readers will then know what is happening.

Kerrigan likes this.
  3. elcato

elcato Moderator

Just to be clear, they are a reputable CC company and the address is legit ? No harm in checking in case this is a case of identity theft.

4. Gerry Canning

Maybe more a (theft) by a legitimate company .

{sorry elcato, I couldn,t resist}

5. elcato

elcato Moderator

:) I meant to put the the word reputable in inverted commas

Gerry Canning likes this.
  6. Kerrigan

Kerrigan Frequent Poster

I was informed previously that I was was not eligible for a PPI refund but I was a CPP refund. I have never came across such messing about and such nonsensical time wasting from this crowd.

Would you believe another letter stated that they could not find my CPP yet the policy number was clearly marked on their letter!!!!!

I had large CC platinum accounts with them at the time and wonder should I get one of those Payment Protection type companies to look further into this for me?

7. Gerry Canning

Kerrigan,
    It is very probable that if you had a (false) CPP ,you had a (false) PPI.
    Do a Subject Access Request (SAR) to that company. You will then have all docs/letters etc to peruse.
    It is also very probable that you (took) the PPI out more than 6 years ago, if so, your claim probably fails under Statute of Limitations Rule.
    However in High Court one sample case is due for judgment on 18th Aug that may mean the 6 year rule is overrukled by EU law.
    Even if customer wins (I will do a ppi post on it then) the bank will probably appeal to Supreme Court (court of appeal) ie they have the funds to appeal .

They are not {messing}nor are they being {nonsensical}.
    It is simply a business that intends by stalling/legal/prevarication,they know that normal Mr Joe will get tired and also know our government/agencies will protect them again & again & again..

So get your SAR and review.

Kerrigan likes this.