Problems logging in to Northern Rock demand online account

glendale

Does anyone else experience difficulty logging in to Northern Rock demand online account? Over the half the time it doesn't work and my account is locked and they send out a new one time password and sometimes this doesn't work.
Is it just me?

I've never locked myself out due to repeated failed login attempts.

The site does vary from slow to very slow though. Frequently when I go
to login (e.g. on a Sunday morning) it says the site is down and come back later.

It's not just you the site is very poor.

I find that I have to use CAPS when entering my password - even though I am almost certain I did not have CAPS LOCK switched on when I set my password. Maybe that is your problem

I have never had problems with my account other than the odd time when their service was unavailable due to maintenance. I definitely type my password in as I entered it and not in CAPS or whatever.

Northern Rock is the WORST online service I have ever had the misfortune to use. It is incredibly slow, uses non-standard interfaces and thus is very confusing and is frankly nosey in its questions back to users about their transactions.

I used their telephone service for years with no problems and thought that was excellent, fast, really good staff, efficient, but I should perhaps have been warned by how appallingly difficult it was to set up the Demand Online account. I changed partly for use outside banking hours and partly for the better interest rate. That process took 2 phone calls to the helpline and about 1.5 hours.

I am a computer user for 30 years and an online user for about 20 years. I do my own tax returns on ROS and I use Internet banking for work and personal accounts so it's not like this is the first time I tried doing something like this... it's just a really terrible system, they need to sack their designers and start again in my opinion.

It just took me half an hour to arrange a basic transfer to my current account. Can anyone suggest a better deposit facility with Internet interface because I don't have that kind of time to waste...

Thanks - or is it just us poor rural dwellers condemned to dial-up forever by lovely eircom that are having problems?

Imogen

Have to say that I have not experienced the same problems with NR's Demand Online service/system.

imogen said:
It just took me half an hour to arrange a basic transfer to my current account. Can anyone suggest a better deposit facility with Internet interface because I don't have that kind of time to waste...
If you mean deposits going to NR, if your own internet banking facility allows direct transfers, you can just transfer the funds electronically making sure your NR account number is quoted on the reference.

No, I meant taking money out of NR to a current bank account. Nightmare complexity and snailspace to boot... but their telephone support service when you can get through to it is very good.

Imogen

I have made over 6 transfers to my current account in the last 12 months with no problems whatsoever.

Restarting up this thread again - just wondering has anyone else experienced problems with Northern Rock site? It's down again today.

Recently I wasn't able to log in as it said i had put in a wrong password and the next screen asked me to enter my password in full. I didn't because it seemed insecure to do this and I know that BOI Banking365 say they would never ask you to do this as that's what these phishing scams ask you to do. I don't think I was being phished but was still not very inclined to enter whole password. I was on to their technical support who were not able to provide a satisfactory answer to the issue at all. The screen that came up shouldn't have come up.

I'm beginning to think that there is a problem with the site and I should change to Rabo.

I used my account there today no problem, didnt ask me for p-word in full or anything?? Maybe you were just unlucky with the time you tried?

I have logged into NR about 10 times since I set up an account, have never had a problem. The website is a bit slow, but it worked as it should.

I've never had any problems that weren't due to my own mistyping - checked it yesterday and it was fine.

Northern Rock did have some system glitches, but, I am reliably informed it's all sorted out now.

On a different tack, can you get the northern rock sort code and your account number from the online system?
Trying to get the details to transfer some money electronically to my account but can't seem to find the details I need when I log in.
Am I just blind?

Your account number is displayed on the My Accounts page. The sort code for NR's account (not your own) and other details (e.g. IBAN, BIC etc.) is under My Accounts -> Deposit Money. I see it as 93-33-84. Note that when transferring money electronically you transfer it to NR's account and use your own account number as the reference number in the transaction. You don't transfer directly to your own account. It's all explained on the website:
Lodge Money

You can add to your investment at any time by cheque, electronic transfer or internal transfer.

Cheques are only acceptable in Euro, drawn on an Irish bank or building society. Cheques will start to earn interest on the second bank working day following the day of receipt. You can download a lodgement form or complete one online, to be forwarded together with a cheque(s).

Electronic transfers must be made in Euro. Ask your bank to send us a payment quoting the following details:

Sort Code: 93-33-84
Account Number: 75234003
Account Name: Northern Rock plc
IBAN: IE07 AIBK 9333 8475 2340 03
BIC: AIBKIE2D
Your Demand Online Account Number: See My Accounts page

The minimum additional lodgement is €1. The maximum holding with Northern Rock is €3 million.

We will automatically adjust your rate of interest as the balance in your account changes.

Back