problems hp photosmart printer

wheels

I was in PC World yesterday getting stuff for my shiney new wireless network when I decided I needed a new printer that did everything, so I went for Photosmart C5180 that would also hook up to my router. I'm now having endless trouble and cannot get the thing out of its initial setup!

First of all it was telling me ink failure, so I solved that and it just sat in its inilitization setup for over an hour, though during this time I was able to print documents. Then, when it went to allign print cartridges it started telling me the ink had failed (again) and that I needed to refer to my manual. It also claimed there was a paper jam (there wasn't).

I've been searching google for the past hour and all I can come up with is that anyone with this problem and this model in the past, has just brought it back to the shop. HP have a programme you can download to stop the ink system failure but when I try to install it, it tells me it doens't think I need it and cancels. I'm really at my wits end. I got a router at the same time and it set itself up in minutes.

Anyone any suggestions?

Back