Problems getting ESB to connect

bertson

Hi,
I am having real problems getting the ESB to connect to my new house. I sent in the ECTI cert 5 weeks ago, and am still awaiting connection, despite ringing almost every day to see what the story is. They need to put up two poles from the main line but surely that shouldn't take five weeks. Im in carlow.

Anyone else experience similar issue with the esb and how long did it take?

cheers
Bert

my parents have also recently built in carlow, took approx 10 weeks after cert went in. they then decided that the power box outside the house was not to specifications so refused to connect electricity. in the end cable in box had to be moved by 1/2 inch. took 12 weeks to get connected in the end - and absolutely nothing can be done about it!

I also applied for a new connection. I was told it would take 14 weeks!! I'm ready to move into my new house now.

I will have to go without electricity for an unknown period of time because of these people. I was informed that it was my fault for not applying for a connection sooner.

Naive me thought I could just ring them up and they'd be out to connect it up. They desperately need some competition.

Agreed, also it depends who you know,

I'm originally from Donegal and my mate who is an electrician, and know the ESB lads, got his connection to his new house in a week

Same problem as the posters above, I spent the last 3 weeks trying to get them to sort out a mess up they made on the account before even processing the application for connection - this was just to change a name on the account, and locate a wiring cert they told me was not sent in but in fact they had lost on their system. Networks who connect you, and customer services who look after your account setup work off 2 different systems, and they can't and won't integrate the details - you get transferred between both and have to get them to sort it yourself. Looking after the finer details of buying the house was a breeze in comparison to the problems I've had with them, and I still can't get an answer on when they will connect. Very frustrating! Only advice to anyone would be to apply well in advance of closing the sale, and take a small hit on any bill before you move.

Back