Problem with solicitor

lagel

my solicitor is a nightmare.

I'm waiting years now for a divorce from a self employed man who doesn't respond unless it suits him. Case has been b4 the courts lots of times, oth party already held in contempt of court but nothing done about it.

My solicitor has taken 'time out' from the office but gave me a commitment he would see my case through to the end. However, he has been taking months to get the smallest thing done. I decided to connect via email (so I'd have a record) last year & it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The latest now is its been a year since the judge asked us for our certs of readiness - mine was lodged early this year - nothing from the other party. I heard I could get a motion b4 the judge cancelling the need of his cert of readiness and emailed my solicitor in may not to wait but to please get it done asap to get in b4 summer recess - ignored. connected again this week requesting the very same thing - 5 months later.

I know the response will be get another solicitor - I paid dearly for advice from another who said my case was a 'nightmare case'. Truth is I can't afford to move solrs.

In the meantime my matured SSIA's have to sit there to pay legal fees to a man who doesn't seem to care about my case.

I feel so mad & helpless - can't believe that after 7 years I can't do anything except wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call, or better still, write to the law society. While they are there for the benefit of solicitors, they are also concerned about any perception that people have that most solicitors are crooks of the worst sort !.

Back